Sunday, January 30, 2011

Wright & Goebel Wine shop on Flatbush Ave

Wright & Goebel is located at 147 Flatbush Avenue Extension, Brooklyn, NY 11201 and the # is (646) 495-1520. I passed by for the first time this past Friday night. I really have only great things to say about my experience. The staff is friendly and quite knowledgeable about wine. Know, that may sound like it should be a given but I've been in too many local wine & liquor stores that have clueless staff. I had the pleasure of meeting one of the owners, Owen. Owen showed me around the store and explained the layout of the wines. I was happy to see that they have quite the interesting selection and not the standard issue wines you see everywhere. They also have a huge selection of wines in a very reasonable price range (from $10 to $25) Suffice to say, I left with a case on my shoulder. Although, the next time I will take them up on the suggestion of having it delivered. That case got pretty heavy after a block or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment